- Assume an extensive market, and look at the aftereffect of the terms you employ in your market. Perform some terms imply a judgment? Would be the terms more likely to offend? If that’s the case, rephrase.
- Simply just Take obligation for the language alternatives. The time that is first a term that would be misinterpreted/considered improper, incorporate a rationale for your option, such as for instance by the addition of a footnote that especially describes the expression for the purposes and context.
- Only use the language this is certainly required to the context: use “female firefighters” only when you will be especially speaking about that sex for the reason that career. Distinctions must certanly be noted only if appropriate.
- Prevent terms that evaluate, which may imply inferiority/superiority, such as for instance “low course. ”
- Make use of the appropriate amount of specificity: “Dominicans” instead of “Hispanics.